Thursday 6 July 2017

Review ~ The Ties That Bind by Rebecca Norinne

The Ties That Bind
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: February 8th 2017

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
When Xander St. John’s brother Jayce orders a hit on Arabella Wilson, the daughter of their greatest rival, Xander has no choice but to obey. What Jayce doesn't know is that Arabella isn't just the enemy - she's the woman who once broke his brother's heart. Even though Xander has never forgiven her betrayal, he can’t bring himself to kill the woman he once loved. But the longer Xander waits, the more erratic and unstable Jayce becomes until he puts forth a deadly ultimatum there's no turning back from. With the crime family boss quickly spiraling out of control, Xander is forced into action. Someone has to die, but who will it be? His brother or his lover, his darkness or his light? Find out in this dark and sexy romance inspired by Romeo & Juliet.

My Opinion

It was the rival family and forbidden romance element to this book that caught my interest. 

In general it was an okay read. It was a lot shorter than the usual books in this genre at a novella length. However, it did hold my interest. I thought the story was interesting, I just wish there had been more to it. 

Because of the length I thought there were major chunks of story missed out and ends left untied. The ending didn't answer all of my questions, and it was disappointing because there could have been so much more to this read to make it great. 


Overall I liked the idea, I just wish there had been more story to flesh it out into a full length novel. 

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...