Monday 3 July 2017

Review ~ Royally Wrong by Teagan Kade

Royally Wrong
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: February 20th 2016

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Fifth in line to the throne. 
Off the rails. 
Drop dead-freakin’-gorgeous. 

I should never have taken this assignment. Prince Panty-Dropper Spencer and his ‘Big Ben’ are too far gone. Even my journalistic wonders aren’t enough to pull him from the public blacklist. He’s a playboy, an arrogant, cocky as*hole in the extreme and the kind of overt man candy that goes against every one of my golden rules. 

But I want him all the same, crave his cursed touch. I won’t have a job to go back to if I leave empty-handed, which means we’re going to have to get real close, access all areas. He’s a prick, yes, but I can’t stop thinking about his hard muscles, his slack smile, the complete confidence he has in himself. He might be Britain’s biggest player, but if he wants me, he’s damn well going to have to work for it. 

London’s calling alright. Question is, can I handle what’s on the line?

My Opinion

My feelings about this book come down to two things: I liked the story, wasn't such a fan of the execution. 

Personally, I felt the plot was good in this book ; it was what kept me reading. I'm going through a royal phase right now so it was perfect in that regard. I liked how Spencer and Grace fought each other, I thought there was chemistry, and liked watching the drama unfold.

However, I wasn't a fan of the writing. I've read this author's work before and enjoyed it so this came down to the fact she decide to write British characters. Being English, I just found the language contrived and dated. I can handle a few stereotypes, but the author overdid it in this book to the point I was cringing. It didn't feel natural as a Brit, but rather based on this ridiculous media version put out by Hollywood and other press outlets. 

Another issue I had was that while a lot happens in this book, I didn't feel all of the loose ends were tied up. I was left with quite a few questions, such as, what was Grace's plan, did she follow through, what of Alexander? All of the palace drama seemed to fizzle out and the loose ends were just ignored.

Moreover, I think this book needs to be proof read again. A few times there were large sections of highlighted words, crossed out sentences, and addition. It was as if someone had used track changes and forgot to apply them in Word so they've translated into the manuscript. 


Overall, my feelings are the same. I liked the plot, had problems with the execution. 

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...