Wednesday 5 July 2017

Review ~ Holding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #1) by Lila Rose

Holding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: December 3rd 2013

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Zara Edgingway is a twenty-six year old secretary. She has a daughter that apparently knows it all and a best friend that could possibly have the mouth of Satan, but she's been with her through hell and back. Then there's the hunk'a'licious biker neighbor finally showing interest in her. If only she wasn't about to face her next obstacle in life, the one she ran from six years ago; her ex-husband.

Talon Marcus is the president of the Hawks Motorcycle Club. For two years he's had his eye on the quiet, reclusive, yet sassy, neighbor Zara. Finally, he has the chance to claim her as his woman. Just when her past catches up with her, she'll need, not only his protection, but the help from his biker brothers.

Now, if only she'd stop fighting him along the way.

My Opinion

I don't usually read many MC books, and it takes a lot for one of them to capture my interest as they're not my preferred romance. However, it was the kids that caught my eye and made me take a chance on this. The book didn't sound too MC but rather like it had a bit more depth from the blurb, and since it was free I thought I'd give it a go.

Holding Out held attention my well in the end. I thought the book was paced well and that there was the right amount of suspense balanced with humour and alpha-ness. I was surprised by the humour in this book. At times it was a little over the top and some of the characters were more of a caricature, but it did make me smile.

As for the relationship, I liked Talon. He was hot and a clear alpha. He might have been bossy, but it was clear he was a good guy. Zara softened him, but also stood up to him and so did the kids. There was definitely a spark between them both and chemistry. I liked watching their relationship evolve.


Overall, this was an enjoyable read. I was glad I took a chance on it and I will be looking at the next books in the series.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...