Monday 22 May 2017

Review ~ Love Always: A Game of Hearts Novel by Candace Knoebel & Sonya Loveday

Love Always: A Game of Hearts NoveleBook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: August 25th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Fraternization between guests and employees at the Diamond Isle Resort is against the rules.

However, rules mean nothing when it comes to matters of the heart. 


Phillip Warrington is smart, sexy, and goal-oriented. He has always had his life planned out. But none of those plans involved falling for a wildly adventurous employee at the resort. She liberates him in ways he never thought possible—with methods that his parents would never approve. But he can control his yearnings, right?

Maggie Fairchild knows the season is almost over. With her plan to take to the seas only months away, she wasn't expecting Phillip, one of those off-limit kinds of boys, to stumble onto her path and steal her heart. Between steamy kisses and late-night moments near the ocean, Maggie finds herself caught in a riptide of passion, one she never anticipated. But who’s ever prepared for meeting the greatest love of your life?

With summer coming to an end, Maggie and Phillip take their relationship to the next level before they have to say goodbye. Can their budding romance be enough to survive the pulling tides of change, or will they drift apart before they even have a chance to explore what could have been?

My Opinion

Love Always was a good read. It started off a bit slow, but it picked up and I breezed through the last half of the book. 

To begin with I did consider not finishing this book. Phillip irritated me. I loved Maggie's outlook on life, but Phillip was so weak and gullible. I hated how he let his mother dictate his life and it almost went on slightly too long without change. 

Anyway, finally he started to stand up for himself. His letters with Maggie were sweet and from this point on the book held my interest better. Phillip grew up and finally changed--mostly. There were sections that were predictable and he was still a little too naive at time, but I was glad he had Ed. 


Overall I can't complain too much when I got it free. It was an easy read about two characters from different worlds seizing control of their life and dreams. It did keep me entertained, so if the blurb interests you you might want to give it a go. 

3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...