Friday 2 December 2016

Review ~ Transfer (The Retrieval Duet, #2) by Aly Martinez

Transfer (The Retrieval Duet, #2)
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: September 27th 2016

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
One story. Two couples.

I fell in love with a man who didn’t exist.

What started out as romance ended in hell.
His words turned to razor blades.
His kisses converted to fists. 
His embrace became my cage.
His body transformed into a weapon, stealing parts of me until ultimately….
I broke. 

I hated him.
My sole job in life became to protect our daughter.

I wasn’t sure I’d ever escape the prison he’d skillfully crafted from my fears. 
Until the day our savior arrived. 

This is the story of how I escaped the man who thought he owned me.
The transfer of my life and my family.

My Opinion

I had to start this book the second I finished book one. It's taken me a bit longer to finish than I anticipated thanks to life's crazy schedule, but I thought it was a good conclusion.

Transfer picks up right where book one ends. However, the majority of this book is told from Clare or Heath's point of view with the odd Roman and Elisabeth chapter thrown in for balance. I liked this flip as it developed Clare and Heath more. We got to learn about Elisabeth and Roman in book one, and they're still an important factor in Transfer. However, I thought it was clever decision by the author to flip things to create four well-rounded characters by the end of the duet. It made things more interesting and helped move the story along.

As for the plot, I did enjoy the book. Those of you who follow my blog will know I love darker reads every now and then. With Walter's evilness, this book definitely got dark in some places. I will admit I did feel the ending lacked something, it didn't feel as dramatic as I would have liked and it was all over a little quickly. Regardless, Transfer still engaged me and kept me hooked.


Overall this was a good conclusion to the duet. I'd definitely recommend both books.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...