Thursday 8 December 2016

Review ~ Sworn to Protect (Red Stone Security, #11) by Katie Reus

Sworn to Protect (Red Stone Security, #11)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon

Release Date: July 7th 2015

Publisher: KR Press LLC

Description:
His worst mistake was walking away from her…

Quinn Brody ended things with sweet, sexy Athena when he learned she was a virgin. Their relationship was getting too serious and walking away seemed like the best plan. But Quinn has never been able to forget Athena. And when she gets a marketing job at Red Stone Security, it becomes impossible. Quinn wants a second chance, but Athena's not interested—even if the chemistry between them is off the charts.

Now his past has come back to haunt him…

The man Quinn put behind bars has been released from prison and is out for blood. Quinn took years of the man’s life and helped his abused wife flee so now the ex-con is hellbent on using Athena to make Quinn pay. 

He’ll do anything to protect her…

When Athena is sent to Vegas for a tradeshow Quinn volunteers to accompany her—to watch her back. But professional quickly turns personal when the threat to Athena escalates. Refusing to lose her again, Quinn will do anything to save her. Even if it means risking both his life and his heart.

My Opinion

Once again, this is another new author to me. I picked Sworn to Protect up for free on Amazon some time ago and since this series has intrigued me for a while I decided to give it ago.

I'm a big fan of romantic suspense. I also love security firms, bodyguards etc. in romances. That meant from the blurb Sworn to Protect sounded perfect.

What I got was an easy, simple read to pass the time. I liked the chemistry between the characters, and thought the plot was intriguing enough to engage. While it was predictable--and maybe slightly unrealistic or oversimplified--I still enjoyed it. Things weren't too deep and heavy, making for a good book to chill out with.

Overall, for a first read it was good. I will more than likely check out the other books in the series and would recommend this.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...