Tuesday 25 October 2016

Review ~ Unsuitable by Samantha Towle

Unsuitable
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: October 1st 2016

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Daisy Smith has spent eighteen months of her life paying for a crime she didn’t commit. Now out of prison, she has only one focus—to get back custody of her younger brother, Jesse, who is deep in the foster care system. Desperate to rebuild her life and show the system that she is responsible enough to care for Jesse, she takes on the only job available to her—working as a maid at the Matis Estate.

On day one of her new job, Daisy meets Kastor Matis, the only son of the owners and her new boss. An enigmatic, handsome Greek god of a man, Kas is closed off, cold, and…well, kind of a bastard.

The more time Daisy spends around Kas, she starts to see there might be more to him than just his cold, bastard ways. He may actually have a heart beating in that frozen chest of his.

But Kas has secrets, too. Secrets that he’s determined to keep.

Secrets make Daisy curious.

And you know what curiosity can do…

My Opinion

This book is a little different from everything I've read by this author before. I've been a big fan of her work since I read Troubled a few years ago. However, I found Unsuitable to be slightly darker a
and grittier with the characters, and I thought the author pulled off the change in writing well.

Just like always, this Samantha Towle book had me hooked and I couldn't put it down. I wanted to know Kas' secret, and I wanted him to prove me wrong and turn out to be the guy Daisy deserved. While I tried to distance myself from him--because I knew he was hiding something dark--he managed to work his way past my defences with his sweet, almost vulnerable attitude towards Daisy. He came across like an ass in the beginning, yet he had these tender moments and he wasn't the typical man-whore a lot of books have nowadays. It was a refreshing change.

Similarly, in regards to Daisy, I sympathised with her for what she'd gone through. It was unfair and heartbreaking. However, I admired the way she didn't dwell on the events once she was out. She was solely focused on getting Jesse back and I believed in her emotions.


Overall, this was a book that kept me reading and I couldn't put down. It's a bit different from what I'm used to with this author, but she does the genre justice and created a great read.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...