Thursday 27 October 2016

Review ~ Lucky Penny by L.A. Cotton

Lucky Penny
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: November 2015

Description:
I was his lucky Penny. He was my light in the dark, hope in despair. Our bond was one of survival, friendship... first love. 

But then we were ripped apart and Blake Weston became the memory I turned to when everything else in my life fell apart. 

Seven years later, a summer working at Camp Chance is supposed to be my fresh start. Beautiful scenery and the chance to better the lives of foster children - kids like me. But when my eyes land on him across the fire, time stands still and feelings come rushing back to the surface. I thought I'd moved on, tucked him away in my heart. One look into his soulful blue eyes and I know I'm wrong. Blake Weston can heal the broken parts of me. Restore my hope. Love me.

It's our second chance. A sign we are supposed to be together.

Isn't it?

I was twelve when I survived the accident that killed my parents. Fourteen when I survived the devil. And sixteen, when I survived a heartbreak of the worst kind.

But in my twenty-three years, Blake Weston might just be the first thing I won't survive.

My Opinion

This was a touching read. It's not the first book I've downloaded by this author, but it is the first I've read and wanted the most.

Lucky Penny was an emotional read. Dealing with some hard issues about abuse and the bad side of foster care, Blake and Penny pull each other through the situations they find themselves in. They have a tight bond that is evident through the writing and I wanted them to find their way back to each other.

For the most part this was a great read. It held my attention well and engaged with my emotions. I wasn't keen on the ending and thought it needed to be slowed down, but in general I enjoyed the book.


Overall a great first time read. If you're looking for an angsty story with a touching romance this may be for you.


4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...