Friday 28 October 2016

Review ~ Best Man For The Job (The Men of Fear Incorporated Book 1) by Melinda Valentine

Best Man For The Job (The Men of Fear Incorporated Book 1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: June 21st 2016

Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC

Description:
Sloane Robertson has it all—an awesome job, a handsome boyfriend, and the perfect apartment… 

Well, maybe everything isn’t perfect. 

Her boss is acting strange, and constantly covering for him is taking its toll. Her handsome boyfriend also happens to be a cheating scumbag. At least she has a great apartment. 

However, after witnessing her boss’s murder, Sloane is forced to take refuge with the best man in her cousin’s wedding. The sexy ex-cop currently works at a security firm, and since her boyfriend can’t be bothered to protect her, Maxwell Fear steps in. 

Max has been on protection detail a time or two, so he knows he has what it takes to keep Sloane safe… 

Max knows all too well what can happen to a witness of a violent crime. Protecting Sloane is just another job. That mind-numbing kiss at her front door after dinner at her cousin’s house was a fluke. He will keep it professional and do his job. 

But what’s business without at least a little pleasure? 

After watching Sloane suffer through her boyfriend’s constant indiscretions, Max is certain she deserves better. Can he manage to keep Sloane safe long enough to convince her to ditch her boyfriend and make her realize that he’s the… 

…best man for the job?

My Opinion

This book started off strong, but for me it didn't continue with the same amount of strength the whole way through. I'm a big fan of romantic suspense--especially bodyguard type of romances. Unfortunately, this one fell a little short in that department.

I did like the characters in this book. The story had promise and potential, and I believed in the relationships. I thought the guys came across as a close knit group, and that there was a bond between them. There was also a spark between Max and Solane and I liked how they all stepped up. 

For me, it was the suspense element that let this book down. I thought it was underplayed and then over too quickly when it was finally reintroduced. I also thought for a supposed Russian mob they gave up and sat back a lot. The Russian mafia are ruthless and well organised. This guy felt more like an armature hit man--if even that. He didn't have the sinister qualities or desire to kill to pull off ties to the mafia for me. I also dislike that we never found out what they were killing her boss for in the first place.


Overall it's an okay read. It's pretty laid back and an easy read. I wouldn't class it as a romantic suspense, but as a romance it's okay to pass the time.


3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...