Thursday 25 August 2016

Review ~ Don't Let Me Fall by Briana Pacheco

Don't Let Me Fall
ebook downloaded via Amazon for free.

Release Date: December 4th 2014

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
I don't want to be here.

When you lose the one person that was your whole life, you'll understand. For me, it was my best friend, Alice. We spent every second of every day together. We planned a life. I was actually living. I was happy.

Now, it's just gone.

And I'm still here. Lonely. A tatted up body with an empty soul.

Getting inside of my head won't be pretty. I'm warning you now that you won't like me. I hate people besides my family. I hate everything around me. I just want to be alone. And I HATE how Logan Mercer doesn't understand that. He's everywhere; getting inside of my head, kissing me when he shouldn't be, messing everything up, and trying to get me to open up. He's making me crazier than I already am. Why do I need to talk about my life? Why does he even care?

Why doesn't anyone understand that I don't want to get attached to people? I don't want to get fixed.

I want to be alone.

I want to be free.

I want to fly.

My name is Rebeckah Lennox and this is my story...of how I fell.

My Opinion

I downloaded book while it was free. To be completely honest, I've had it sitting on my Kindle long enough to forget what it was about. Therefore, I went into reading this blind. I've never heard of this author before and I knew nothing about the story so I had no idea what I was in for.

What I got was a pleasant surprise. The book is well written and kept me hooked. It's a darker read--which doesn't bother me--but there is a growing sense of light and hope in it. It deals with sensitive topics such as suicide and I thought the author dealt with the topic well. Becka felt like a character on the edge. It didn't feel stereotypical or over dramatic, she felt broken and in pieces ... like she had no other options. She's been through a lot and I thought she was a believable character.

I won't say too much about the plot as there are some twists. I will admit I figured out so of the main ones early on, but I won't ruin anything for anyone in case you don't. This book is better left to unfold as you read it.


Overall, a gripping read. It's the first by this author for me, but I'll no doubt pause the next time I see her name.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...