Tuesday 5 January 2016

Reviews ~ Choices 1 & 2 by Ellie Wade

A Beautiful Kind of Love (Choices, #1)A Beautiful Kind of Love (Choices 1)

Paperback purchased by myself

Release Date: April 11th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Every choice has a consequence.

I believe in soul mates. Why? Because I have one and his name is Jax Porter.

I have known Jax my whole life and I have loved him with every breath I’ve ever taken. The fact that we were born a mere month apart to mothers that are best friends has made us inseparable since birth.

What we have is so rare, one would think our story would be written, our fate sealed. But, unfortunately that’s not how life works. Life offers us many choices that can turn destiny into chance.

I now find myself heading toward a destination that I could have never imagined and I have to figure out where to go from here. 

Will the choices that have been made change our path forever or will fate find its way?

My Opinion

This was a touching, frustrating, but overall enjoyable book to read. I liked the idea behind it, but god I wanted to bang the characters' heads together. They were so frustrating, especially Jax and his decisions. I'm not going to say much since I bought this for pleasure reading, but I had to move on straight to book 2 immediately because of the cliffhanger.
4



A Forever Kind of Love (Choices, #2)A Forever Kind of Love (Choice 2)

Paperback purchased by myself


Release Date: June 2015


Publisher: Self-published


Description:

Every choice has a consequence.

I believe in soul mates. Why? Because I have one and her name is Lily Madison.
I’ve loved Lily my whole life. She’s all I’ve ever known. All I’ve ever seen. Everything. To me, she is perfect. 
Sometimes, when something has always been there, it is hard to recognize it for what it is. It is easy to take for granted. I didn’t realize how deeply Lily was ingrained in every fabric of my soul because I’d never had to feel her absence. 
It’s all so obvious now, but at the time it was not. I had to figure it out on my own.
I wish I could have realized what it was that was truly important in life because once choices are made and paths are altered…it is so hard to go back, sometimes impossible. 
I know this because I stand here with a two-carat engagement ring in my hand waiting to ask someone to be my wife. I’m ready to love and cherish her ‘til death do us part. But, there is just one problem. 
She isn’t Lily. 

Will the choices that have been made change our path forever or will fate find its way?

My Opinion

This was an okay read, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. I could have, but unfortunately too much of the book re-hashed the story from A Beautiful Kind of Love just in Jax's POV. Though it was nice to hear from him, I think the author should have written both books in dual POV if she wanted to do this as I ended up skimming the first third, which was basically the same story. I wanted the book to get to the point quicker and pick up from the cruel cliffhanger book one left on.

Saying that, once it finally did get going it was touching and moving. It was also equally frustrating, even more so since most of this book is written in Jax's POV. If there was an award for stupid, incomprehensible decisions it would have to go to Jax. It made for an interesting read though. There was a lot of back and forth in the relationship areas, but I found myself enjoying it and I'd more than likely read more by this author.


3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...