Monday 14 December 2015

Review ~ When I Was Yours by Samantha Towle

When I Was Yours
Paperback purchased by myself

Release Date: November 10th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
“Marry me.”
“What?” I stared back at him, unblinking.
He moved closer, taking my face in his hands. “I love you, Evie. I look into the future, and the only thing I see clearly is you. Marry me.”

What’s an eighteen-year-old girl who was madly in love with her nineteen-year-old boyfriend say? 

Of course, I said yes.

Twenty-four hours later, I married Adam Gunner at a Vegas chapel to the sounds of “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. Not the best omen. I get that now.

Then, exactly one week later, I left him. I walked out, leaving behind my wedding ring, annulment papers, and my heart, and he never knew why. 

I haven’t seen him since. Not in ten long years.

Now, he’s here, standing before me. Looking at me with nothing but hurt and hatred in his eyes, he wants answers. 

Answers I can’t give.

My Opinion

This was another cute read from Samantha Towle. It held my interest well and I liked the split in time periods. The book was paced brilliantly and I'd definitely recommend it.

Although it's not my favourite book by this author, it was enjoyable. I did find it predictable, and the reveal didn't exactly live up to the hype built, but that's a small problem. I felt the chemistry between Adam and Evie. They had a lot of passion and I believed in their emotions and feelings. They grew well and I'm glad they got their HEA.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...