Wednesday 19 August 2015

Review ~ Just Say When by Kaylee Ryan

Just Say WhenPaperback purchased by myself

Release Date: May 12th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
‪Saving myself for marriage, not hardly.‬‬
Saving myself for someone who will make my heart race, most definitely.

In theory it's a good plan, however even the best-laid plans fall through. Seeing him, being around him, alerts all my senses and I dream about being his, wrapping myself in his arms and never letting go. The only problem – he sees me as his sister.

My name's Ava Evans and I'm in love with my older brother's best friend, Nate Garrison. 



Burying myself in work for the past two years, avoiding any thought of her, has worked, until now. She's everywhere, in my dreams, in my gym, and in my heart. I'm not sure when I fell in love with Ava Evans, but I am completely in love with my best friends baby sister.

At first she was too young for me and that made it easy to stay away. Now, it's a struggle to keep my distance.


How am I supposed to resist her when I can’t escape her? If he ever found out, it would ruin our friendship. Even with that knowledge all she would have to do is...

Just Say When.

My Opinion

This was a cute, sweet read. I didn't know what to expect from this author but Just Say When has been on my tbr pile for awhile now, and it was worth waiting for and taking the chance on.

Just Say When was an easy, laid-back read that was heart-warming and endearing. It held my attention the whole way through and it was just a happy book. Unlike a lot if NA there isn't any major traumatic back stories with either characters. It was very much about Ava and Nate finding each other again and admitting their feelings.

In general I thought the feelings were developed well. It felt like they'd known each other for years, and Nate was almost too perfect. I liked that things took their time to build and that it wasn't overly graphic with sexual description. There was passion and chemistry without the need to go over the top.

I will admit it was a little predictable with regards to Brody, but I didn't really care. That's the only small negative I have.


Overall a really enjoyable read. It has a tight cast, great friendships, and is one of those perfect summer reads. Highly recommend.

5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...