Saturday 18 July 2015

Review ~ Elude (Eagle Elite #6) by Rachel Van Dyken

Elude (Eagle Elite, #6)ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: July 9th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
The sixth book in the internationally bestselling Eagle Elite Series. 
*Interconnected Stand Alone*

Twenty-Four hours before we were to be married--I offered to shoot her. 
Ten hours before our wedding--I made a mockery of her dying wish. 
Five hours before we were going to say our vows--I promised I'd never love her. 
One hour before I said I do--I vowed I'd never shed a tear over her death. 
But the minute we were pronounced man and wife--I knew.
I'd only use my gun to protect her. 
I'd give my life for hers. 
I'd cry. 
And I would, most definitely, lose my heart, to a dying girl---a girl who by all accounts should have never been mine in the first place. 
I always believed the mafia would be my end game--where I'd lose my heart, while it claimed my soul. I could have never imagined. It would be my redemption. 
Or the beginning of something beautiful. 
The beginning of her. 
The end of us.

My Opinion

I love this series and I couldn't wait for Elude release. It wasn't my favourite of the series, but I still loved it, and it has been added to the small shelf of books that have made me cry.

Elude broke my heart. Since Ember we've known Andi was dying from leukaemia, but that doesn't make the story any less painful, especially because you want her to live so badly. Even dying she's full of life. She made me laugh, took no prisoners, and still strove for adventure even during the final days. Her attitude was endearing and I liked she could stand up to Sergio. She matched him in every way and I loved how their relationship developed even if it was short.

As for Sergio, he started off an ass. He was dead inside like Andi said, but his change was gradual and believable. I liked watching him slowly soften and open his heart to Andi and I fell in love with him too. It broke my heart to watch him suffer losing her when he'd only just found someone worth living for.

As for the story, it's one of those books where you know what's going to happen, you know it's going to break your heart, and you know it's going to hurt ... but you read it anyway. From the start I knew there wasn't going to be a HEA for Andi, even if I allowed myself to hope. Saying that though I thought the author dealt with the subject matter well and somehow made the ending satisfying. It felt complete and did end with a small up lifting twist.


Overall although it's not my favourite in the series, it's still a great read. Not many books make me cry so kudos to the author for that. I'd definitely recommend the entire series.

5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...