Thursday 19 March 2015

Review ~ One Day at a Time (Starting Over #4) by Evan Grace

One Day at a Time (Starting Over, #4)ebook borrowed via Kindle Unlimited

Release Date: January 20th 2015

Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC

Description:
For the past 4 years Cash has been living his life one day at a time… 

Finally sober, he's running is own business and repairing his relationship with his sister. He's happy with his life and proud of his accomplishments he's made. Now if only he could completely forgive himself for the mistakes he's made. 

Tessa Brooks has lived a simple life…

She helps her widowed brother raise his daughter and spends her days surrounded by books. Then one day, a chance encounter brings her face to face with a man who will open her eyes to what she's been missing in life, happiness.

Tessa awakens something in Cash he thought was dead and buried long ago.

As their relationship grows he knows he needs to tell her about his past, but he’s afraid of how she will react. Will she be able to handle the painful truth of his past?

When forces out of their control lead them both down a path of destruction, they are both left wondering. Will their love be enough to heal each other when they need the other person the most?

My Opinion

This was the book that drew me to the series with its cover. I had debated just reading this book as the series follows different characters, however I'm glad I borrowed them all and read them in order. There is a lot of overlapping and it did give background information in more detail.

One Day at a Time was definitely the best in the series for me. There was a clear progression in the author's writing over the series and I found this book to be paced better, kept me hooked the most, and felt most engaging. I thought things flowed better and the writing felt more natural and realistic.

I found the characters easy to engage with and their dark pasts that seeped into their present broke my heart. There are some quite brutal scenes that weren't easy to read, but I think the author dealt with the tough subjects well.

There is only one criticism I have with this series and that's the characters don't vary in their speech and mannerisms that much. A lot of the same phrases are used throughout all four books and I just wanted a bit more originality in their personality.


Overall though, I loved Cash and Tessa's story. It's my favourite so far and was the most emotionally engaging. I'm hoping that Jonathon get a book next.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...