Wednesday 4 March 2015

Review ~ More Than Her (More Than #2) by Jay McLean

More Than Her (More Than, #2)
ebook borrowed via Kindle Unlimited

Release Date: November 18th 2013

Description:
"For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction."

For every choice you make there are rewards, 
or there are consequences.
It was my choice to walk away the first time.
And my choice to chase her the second.
But sometimes you don't get a choice, 
and all you get are the consequences.


"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, 
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

Unless that someone is Logan Matthews. 
Because loving him didn't give me 
the strength to walk away.
It didn't give me 
the courage to fight for him.
And when it was over, 
all it gave me was a broken heart.

My Opinion

I wasn't going to read the rest of the books in this series. I got the first one on NetGalley and couldn't bring myself to pay for the rest. However I had a Kindle Unlimited free trial so I thought what the heck and downloaded them all.

Personally, I enjoyed More Than Her more than book one. I will admit that it took me awhile to remember who was who and figure out who Logan was, but that's because of the time. It also made the start a little slow but it soon picked up.

More Than Her was an interesting story. I liked the charters and the romance one it started, and I liked Logan's softer side. In this book you saw him for who he really was and realise how good he is ... Most of the time.

Similarly I think I liked Amanda. I won't say I connected with her exceptionally well, but I could sympathise with her and her situation.

My problem with this book though was that there seemed to be so much going on. It was hard to keep track of what to feel at times because there were so many different angst-y threads. You have Logan's past, Amanda's past, Megan's past and present, Micky's past, and then the relationship drama. It was all a little overwhelming. I also hated the ending but I will be reading the next one in the hope it sorts itself out.


Overall it was a good read. I'm glad I got it free as I'm not sure if have been all that pleased had I paid for it, but it might be one for others. Either way, I like the authors style and it does have its good moment.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...