Monday 23 March 2015

Review ~ He Saved Me (He Found Me #2) by Whitney Barbetti

He Saved Me (He Found Me, #2)ebook borrowed via Kindle Unlimted.

Release Date: December 18th 2014

Description:
Julian
I’ve come to understand that I’ll always find her. She’s my north star, my sense of direction. In her, I’ve found my home. She tells me I saved her. But the truth is, she saved me.

But nothing good can ever last. Andra’s keeping secrets. She’s holding something back. I’m trying, desperately, to anchor her. To let me in, to let me help.

But will all my efforts end up with a ghost of a girl I love?

Andra
I'm used to disappearing. Vanishing into thin air, without a trace of who I've been or where I've gone.

But it’s so much harder to do with a broken heart and no hope for a happy ending. Sometimes the only people who can put all the pieces of us back together are the ones we least expect to. That's what Julian did for me.

Julian found me. But now, all Six wants is to keep me locked up, away from the world, away from the Monster. I can't live like that. It's not living at all. Because I still have unfinished business.

And I'm going to make sure the Monster gets what’s coming to him.

My Opinion

What the hell was that?!!? I was looking forward to getting answers in this book that I felt were lacking in He Found Me. However, whilst there were some reveals this was an appalling ending that tied nothing up. I literally screamed when I finished this book, and that's not something I've done before.

This book started off okay, but slowly my attention drifted. There wasn't a strong enough development in the plot thread to me. It was like the book couldn't make up its mind over whether it was a mystery or romance. Sadly, this left it lacking in both genres. The mystery wasn't developed well enough, and I felt the romance was unbelievable and not engaging. The romance drifted and was nothing like in book 1.

I wanted to like this book, I honestly did, but it was so boring. Things were obvious, scenes were repetitive, and it ended too quickly. You basically don't need to read more than the first 2 chapters to know how it ends. The author could have at least added an epilogue a few years later. I mean what happened to: the romance, Andra and Six's relationship, Mira and Six, the case, did she get justice, did she come out of hiding, how did the experience affect her emotionally??? Those are just a few of the questions I was left with. To me this book didn't feel that planned out and it didn't deliver.


Overall I'm glad I borrowed these as I'd be pi***d off I'd paid. Whilst book one was okay I wouldn't say it's worth the read because this book ended so terribly.

2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...