Tuesday 17 February 2015

Review ~ Bye-Bye Baby (The Baby Saga #2) by Morgana Phoenix

Bye-Bye Baby (Cole & Beth)  #2ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: January 31st 2015

Description:
Love has no expiration.

The morning Beth packed her bags and walked out of Cole’s life was the day he swore the only girl for him would be the six year old who called him daddy. He didn’t have time for love, not between raising his baby girl and trying to figure out what the hell he was going to do with his life. But fate has a funny way of coming around and kicking you when you least expect it. Cole’s new life was no exception. 

As a product of a severely broken home, Beth Doan knew better than to ever get married. She’d seen what that commitment did to people and she loved Cole McClain too much to let marriage destroy them. But the minute she boards that bus she knew she was making the biggest mistake of her life. Only maybe she wasn’t, not when she goes running back home to the only man she ever loved and finds him in the arms of another woman.

When an unexpected accident throws them together four years later, the last thing either anticipated was to become responsible for a little person who needs them a whole lot more than they need their bitterness and hurt feelings. Can Cole and Beth forgive and forget long enough to save the life of a child neither one of them predicted falling in love with?

Or are some wounds just too deep to heal?

My Opinion

I think I preferred this to book 1. I'm not usually one to buy ebooks, however I took a gamble on Forever His Baby and after loving it I couldn't wait to read this follow up.

It definitely didn't disappoint.

This book was full of heart, emotion, and loveable characters. I fell in love with Cole in book one so I'm glad we got to see him in his own book, and got to know him better. Just like Sloan, he is a good, respectable guy who has a big heart and you can't help but love him. His actions are great and he's a moralistic character.

Similarly Beth was a great match for him. Their relationship was sweet when it worked and I liked the growth in it. I thought bringing them back together through Daemon was interesting and that the author dealt with the situations well. At times it was a tough read, but the author clearly focused on the love and rehabilitating actions of Cole ... Watching Daemon grow was touching.

The only thing I wasn't keen on once again was the sex scenes and random references to handcuffs. I have no issues with these types of subjects but I don't feel they're necessary in these stories. They don't seem to fit with the characters and like with the first book seemed out of place.


Overall though this was a touching, sweet read. It broke my heart and brought a smile to my face so is definitely recommend it.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...