Thursday 23 October 2014

Review ~ Playing the Rookie by Rachelle Ayala

Playing the Rookieebook downloaded for free via Amazon

Release Date: September 4th 2014

Description:
Jessica Song is tired of being a good girl, staying in a relationship well past closing time. Fresh from a breakup, she takes a walk on the wild side as a sports events intern.

Baseball rookie Jay Pak Ahn has been burned one too many times by good girls, especially his cheating ex-fiancée. When he meets wild Jessica, he throws away all caution to enjoy her to the fullest.

Jessica and Jay agree to a week of enchanting, starry-eyed dates and wild, unrestrained sex to get their exes out of their systems.

Their pasts collide, exposing the secrets in Jessica’s heart and threatening Jay’s position on the team. Jessica must leave her disappointment behind while Jay has to decide whether Jessica comes before baseball. What will they sacrifice to turn their fling into true love?

My Opinion

I really enjoyed this read, which surprised me. I didn't read the blurb when I downloaded it on a free novella spree on Amazon, so I didn't really know anything besides it was about a sports guy.

Anyway, I found this an engaging read that was hard to put down. It's definitely one of the better free novellas I've read so I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a short, easy read. I liked the characters and the relationship--even if it moved a little quickly and they fell into bed way too soon. However, I thought the pacing was good and there were a few twists to keep things interesting. I'm also glad there wasn't a cliff hanger. There was a satisfying HEA that puts a smile on your face.

The only thing I wasn't keen about was that Jessica's POV was written in first person, and Jay's in third. I've only seen this done in one other book and I would have preferred both 1st person POV because I didn't understand why 3rd person was needed, it made me feel disconnected from Jay.

Overall though this was an enjoyable read though. Great for a freebie.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...