Sunday 12 October 2014

Review ~ Love, Lies, and Deception by L.P. Dover

Love, Lies, and Deceptionebook downloaded from Amazon for free

Release Date: December 7th 2013

Description:
What do you do when the one person you thought you knew turns out to be the one you knew the least? 

Twenty-three year old Marissa Chase, and soon to be college graduate, has everything going for her: wonderful friends, a lucrative degree, and a chance to explore the world. What made it even better–or so she thought–was when her path crossed with the alluring Alec Holden. Unable to stay away from him, Marissa experiences a love like no other, and falls into his world of passion and intrigue. However, things begin to shift when this path takes a deadly turn. 

Her trust is put to the test when hidden dangers unfold before her, revealing secrets that have been buried for years. Secrets that were meant to stay hidden. Murder, lies, and betrayal … will Marissa figure it all out in time and escape with her life intact, or will she be too late and fall into the trap of deception?

My Opinion

Having read most of L.P's work, when I saw she was offering this free on Amazon for a little while I had to download it. I wasn't really sure what I was letting myself in for, but I've loved her other titles so I thought what the heck.

Overall I did really like Love, Lies and Deception. However, I didn't think it quite measured up to her Second Chance and Gloves off series. I liked the romance and the overall plot, it moved quickly with a good pace, and kept me hooked. I also loved Alec. He was a good hero and the relationship with Marissa was intense. The reason I rated this only three stars though was that because of the limited number of characters, I figured out who was behind everything and what was going on quite a way before the big reveal. I also would have liked an epilogue to conclude the story a little better as it did end quite abruptly.


Anyway, even though I said that, I still love this author's work and I'm glad I took a chance on this. It's a quick, easy read and one that is enjoyable and helped me through a rough day where I wasn't feeling too good.


3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...