Monday 6 October 2014

Review ~ A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful #2.5) by Jamie McGuire

A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful, #2.5)A Beautiful Wedding.

Description:
You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.


My Opinion


I wasn't going to read this or Walking Disaster due to the fact I couldn't bring myself to pay for part of the same story or a retelling, however a friend had them and said I could borrow both so I though "what the heck." I knew there wasn't going to be much added to the story but I was too intrigued not to read it. However, now I have I wish I hadn't. For me it ruined the HEA and instead of leaving the books thinking Abby loved Travis, I now think the magic has kind of been ruined with her reasons. I kind of have that feeling you get when you learn how an illusion is done.

A part of me understood the reasoning, and it was nice to read about the exact details of the wedding. It was one aspect I wanted to have in Beautiful Disaster, but I just don't feel it added anything but more questions.

Overall the writing was good and I enjoyed it but I do wish I hadn't read it and stuck with the HEA in book 1.


2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...