Saturday 21 June 2014

Review ~ Blackbird (Sometimes Never #1.5) by Cheryl McIntyre

Blackbird (Sometimes Never, #1.5)ebook downloaded for free from Amazon

Release Date: Feb 19th 2013

Description:
"Sometimes never is a distorted perception. I love you, Hope. And I'm not the only one. I know you care about me. I see it in your eyes. I feel it. Everybody needs love. Everybody. And some people need it more than others. You're a liar if you say you don't. I'll do that for you. I'll love you. All you have to do is let me." –Sometimes Never 

What happened in the years between the final chapter and epilogue of Sometimes Never? Blackbird is an 18,000+ word novella that continues Mason and Hope's story as they finish high school, start separate colleges, and confront their demons. 

Though Blackbird can be read on its own, it is better enjoyed after reading Sometimes Never. Recommended for 17+ due to harsh language and some sexual situations.

My Opinion

This was a quick, easy read that was surprisingly well developed and engaging. I don't normally connect with characters in novellas but I found myself growing to like Hope and Mason more and more--even though I haven't read the other books in this series. I liked that the overall story line was kept simple and the timeline flowed well, but there was also a darker side to things that although wasn't developed in a lot of detail, there was enough for you to get a sense of the trouble Hope was in.

I liked the author's style and I think I'm going to have to check out her other work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...