Monday 5 May 2014

Review ~ Taking Back Forever (Kindrily #2) by Karen Amanda Hooper

Taking Back Forever (The Kindrily, #2)
ebook purchased by myself

Description:
Forever is worth the fight.

Maryah erased all memory of her past lives, but she couldn’t erase her soul mate Nathan, or his undying love. Now, Maryah and Nathan have a second chance at a future together, but first Maryah must remember the person she used to be and embrace her supernatural gifts—more than one kindrily member’s life depends on it.

Maryah’s power is Harmony’s best hope of finding her kidnapped soul mate, Gregory. But Harmony isn’t big on asking anyone for help, and she’s tired of waiting, so she’s taking matters into her own hands. Heaven help anyone who stands in her way.


My Opinion

I bought this because I got accepted for the third on NetGalley. I had really enjoyed Grasping at Eternity (Book 1) but just hadn't found the time to read the rest of the series. However, getting book 3 gave me the kick I needed to buy, sit down and read it.

I think I preferred Taking Back Forever to book one as we had got to learn about the characters, know their personalities and the basics of the Kindrily. Because of this I felt there was more going on and more action because the author had set up the story in the first book. I also liked growing with Maryah more as she struggled to regain her memories. 

As well as this the book is also written from Harmony's POV. I will admit I missed Nathan's emotions and feelings but I understood why the author had done it seeing as the book is about rescuing Gregory. It worked well and I do like Harmony as character, I just liked Nathan's POV more because it gave a better over view of the romance with Maryah.

The story itself was constructed well and I think now having read all of the books that this was my favourite. For me it just had a bit more bite to it and the pacing was good.

Overall, I enjoyed this book as much and a little more than the first. It was a good sequel and the ending had me diving straight into book 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...