Friday 21 March 2014

Review ~ White Christmas by Ros Baxter

White Christmasebook downloaded from Amazon free list

Description:
What if your only chance at survival was to seduce the man who broke your heart?

Seventeen years after the Apocalypse, Admiral-class Explorer Tabysha is caught up in a firefight and shot down over Tyver, where ice vampires hunt human warmth. Seeking shelter in an ice cave, she is instructed to stay put and await rescue. But after another ship crash-lands, and the Hunter Gatherers stalk its wounded pilot, Tabi breaks protocol.

When it turns out the survivor is the man who stole her heart then skipped out on her ten years before, it seems to Tabi that no good deed goes unpunished, and things can’t get any worse. But she’s so wrong.

As the Hunters pick up the escalating heat signature of the former lovers, Tabi has to tell Asha that there is only one way to repel the creatures stalking them.

And it involves picking up where they left off ten years before.

My Opinion

I know this is a bit of an odd time to read this book, but there didn't seem to be much about Christmas in and I needed a short read and this definitely was that as it took around fifteen minutes to complete. 

I'm not sure if it's a prequel to a series as a lot if detail was missing and with the sci-fi aspect it seemed a bit weird for that to be not to be there as I was left slightly confused by what everything was. I needed more information on the paranormal/sci-fi aspect as it felt like it had the potential to be a lot more. However, without that detail, I couldn't really connect or develop any kind of emotion for the characters and their story. 

For a freebie it was OK. You could understand the basics and it flowed at a quick speed but I just couldn't get into it as there was no detail or in depth back story to connect with. The characters needed more of a background and the paranormal element needed to be elaborated.

2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...