Tuesday 4 February 2014

Review ~ Revealed (House of Night, #11) by P.C. Cast

Revealed (House of Night, #11)Hardcover purchased by myself

Release Date: October 15th 2013

Publisher: Atom

Description:
Drastically altered after her fall at the end of Hidden, Neferet is now more dangerous than ever—and her quest for vengeance will wreak havoc on humans, as well as Zoey and her friends. Chaos is loosed in Tulsa and the House of Night is blamed. Can Zoey stop Neferet in time to keep her anger from escalating to full-on war? Or will someone else have to step in to take the fall?

The House of Night series is an international phenomenon, reaching #1 on U.S., German, and UK bestseller lists, and remaining a fixture on The New York Times Children’s Series bestseller list for nearly 150 weeks and counting. With more than 12 million copies in print, rights sold in thirty–eight countries to date, and relatable, addictive characters, this series is unstoppable. Now, in the eleventh and penultimate installment of the series, the action is more intense and the stakes even higher as Zoey and her friends battle to protect their school and home from devastating evil—all while balancing romances, precarious friendships and the daily drama of the House of Night's halls.

My Opinion

OK, so I'm going to do this review a little differently to how I normally would. Rather than write a lot, I'm just going to bullet point the positives and negatives because I feel that is the only way I'm not going to go on a huge rant (I can't be bothered to do that and you probably don't want to read it). The reason behind wanting to rant is that I feel this series is being dragged out way to much. I kept buying this series hoping the authors would finally end it-I mean I started it in high school for crying out loud. However, there was always another book and another to follow. By the time I got to book 8, I had invested so much time and money into the series that I felt I needed to complete it for closure-which is what Revealed is as finally there is only one book left.

Anyway here are my points. I'll start with the good:

*It was a short and quick read.
*A bit more happened in it from the last book.
*It got a little darker.

Yeah, I know it's a short list, but like I said, I'm reading for closure rather than pleasure.

Negatives:

*There are a lot of POV which make the book choppy and annoying; especially as Zoey is in 1st and everyone else is in 3rd. It was OK when there was just one or two but it's getting to the point where it's nearly every character now.

*The constant switch in POV means there is very little action that is a kept going. Everything drags too much which I feel has increased with every book released.

*The language is just irritating and I find characters babble a lot. It seems to take forever for a point to be made so everything just feels like padding because there isn't enough of a story due to the fact the series has been dragged out into twelve books where I think 6 would have sufficed.

*The publisher has changed the covers so now I have a bright blue copy among all of my black ones. Seriously?! Who does that when there are only two books left?!

*I didn't find myself caring at all. I just want to know how the book ends but in all honesty, I'm not holding out much hope for an action-packed, brilliant finale. In fact, I think I'll just be pleased there is an end and I can put this series to bed; which is a shame as the first 4 books were brilliant. However, that is something I've noticed with Cast. She writes great first and second books but then just looses it in the rest (I had to stop her other series at book 3 - I couldn't read it).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...