Wednesday 29 January 2014

Review ~ United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6) by Ally Carter

United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)Purchased by myself

Release Date: 5th September 2013

Publisher: Orchard Books

Description:
Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.



My Opinion

I first picked up this series on a whim while I was waiting for a friend in a book shop. It came with a free nail file (not that I needed one) but I'm all about freebies so it swayed my vote. Yeah I know...don't judge me. Quickly after that I fell in love with Cammie and Ally Carters writing, at least for the first three books.

After that, I found they were becoming a bit repetitive and far-fetched. I kept reading because I hate stopping a series mid way through and although my attention with every book slowly got less and less they are still easy and quick reads that have their good points.

Personally, United We Spy was more about closure for me. I wanted to complete the series and I'm glad the author stopped at six books rather than continue to drag stories out when they aren't there *cough* House of Night *cough.* The book came to a good ending and I thought that it felt right, with the girls coming to the end of their academic career. It ties everything up nicely and leaves you with no unanswered questions.

However, I do feel that parts like the romance and a few action scenes were under developed and I would have like more description. There was a lot packed into the book with everything moving quickly from one thing to another and some of it was a little on the unrealistic side for me. I know they're teen spies but I think there is a limit to what you can get away with by using that as an excuse for everything. I did find myself asking 'really??' a lot.

Anyway, I'm not going to say any more as it is the final book in a series. The series as a whole was enjoyable but I don't think the final books were as good as the first - everything just got too big an unrealistic. Saying that though, I would recommend Ally Carter as an author. I like her style and will be reading Heist Society soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...