Wednesday 2 October 2013

Review ~ Fallen by Stacy Claflin

FalleneARC received from the author exchange for an honest review

Release Date: September 2013

Description:
Samantha Erikson is a vampire with one mission: to rule the world. She’s spent decades winning over the world’s most feared vampire, Vince Moretti. Just when everything is going according to plan, he sidetracks her with the assignment of pretending to be a high school student in a small town.

It’s humiliating enough going from stilettos to sneakers, but Samantha must also follow the most boring person alive: the teenage girl who stands between her and the throne. When she has had all she can take, she finds a fun distraction: an attractive football player who isn't scared of vampires. There's one problem. Against her better judgment, she falls in love with him. Now she must decide between the mortal she adores and a place of power in the vampire world. If she tries to have both, she could lose everything.

My Opinion

Fallen was a quick, easy read that was a nice addition to Stacy Claflin's series. Having read and reviewed the first two books and enjoying them greatly, I was interested to see what the author did with the prequel, especially because it is written from Samantha's point of view. It definitely had a different feel from the other books in the series and I really enjoyed reading about Samantha.

My favourite thing about this novella was definitely Samantha's personality. She had this no nonsense demeanor about her and although she was taking orders from Vince, it felt like she was her own person. She also had a great wit and there were some sections where I could feel myself smiling at her attitude. As well as that I liked how the author set the book before Deception, it gave extra information that was nice to read about.

The novella moved at a quick pace but Stacy crammed a lot into the small amount of pages. It keeps you hooked and gives just the right amount of detail to make it an interesting and engaging novella. I think it helped that I had prior knowledge to the series as there wasn't much background information but that is to be expected. I'd recommend reading at least the first book before the prequel but it's not necessary to follow the story, which takes place before the first book.

Overall Fallen was an entertaining read that was a great addition to the series. I would definitely recommend taking a look at Stacy's work if you like vampires. Also Fallen is free so go get it now!


4.5



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...