Tuesday 13 August 2013

Review ~ Goddess (Starcrossed #3) - Josephine Angelini

Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)Paperback purchased by myself

Release Date: 23rd May 2013

Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books

Description:

She must rise, or they will fall ...Helen's powers are increasing--and so is the distance between her and her mortal friends. To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a dangerous traitor is lurking among them, and all fingers point to Orion. Still unsure whether she loves him or Lucas, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, or risk all-out war. The final book in this heart-stopping trilogy.



My Opinion

This will be another short review as it is the final book in the trilogy and I don't want to give anything away. I was eagerly awaiting the release of Goddess since I finished Dreamless and although it isn't my favorite series the book definitely delivered.

I found Goddess to start off quite slowly and it took me 3 days of stopping and starting before I was hooked. However once I got over the initial slowness it gripped me and I read the rest in one sitting. I had this with most of the books in the series. The start always confused me or took me a while to get into so I kind of expected it with Goddess.

Once the story got underway I liked the action, mystery and use of prophecies to give alternative views on how the book could play out. Although I knew how it was going to end and wasn't really surprised it was intriguing to see how the author tied everything together, especially with a complicated family history for all the Scions and gods. As well as this I liked the use of Helen's memories to give us little clues about what has happened and what was going to happen and the flowed in brilliantly with the the main narrative. 

The ending was definitely the best part. I love an action filled ending and although it's predictable (aren't most final books) the action was great! Not a lot happens in between but the ending is worth the wait. It was also a satisfying ending that ties up all the loose ends and answers all your questions which was great as the book ended on a high for me.

One thing I wanted more of was romance. There was hardly any! It was all subtle hints and interpretations and I wanted more from Helen and either Orion or Luke. This side of things felt really under developed for me and I kept hoping for more and being disappointed. 

Overall Goddess was an enjoyable read and ended the series satisfyingly. I don't think it lived up to the standards of the previous books in the series especially, Starcrossed but it was enjoyable none the less. I would definitely recommend the series.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...