Thursday 25 July 2013

Review ~ Angel Fever (Angel Trilogy #3) - L. A. Weatherly

Angel Fever (Angel, #3)Paperback purchased by myself

Release Date: 1st Aug (Amazon released earlier in UK)

Publisher: Usborne LTD UK

Description:
In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?

My Opinion

OK so this review is going to be pretty short as I don't want to give anything away and ruin it for you guys as it's the final book in the trilogy. When I saw it had been released early I screamed with happiness, I have been waiting just over a year for this book to be released and because it was due to be released in August I thought I had time to wait to add it to my pre-orders. Needless to say I was a bit disgruntled by having to wait 5 days for post (hey I'm a cheap skate at wasn't paying £12.99 for 1 day delivery even though I wanted to).

Anyway when it came in the post I was so happy! I had to start reading straight away and that was it for the rest of my day. Everything I had planned ended up not getting done as I was enthralled by the beautifully written and engaging finale. This book tugged at my heart strings and almost had me crying in points, the emotions just felt so real and the characters were crafted amazingly throughout the entire series - you just can't help but feel for them.

As well as this the book also had its funny moments and I loved how the author kept switching the atmosphere. Although the reader knows more than Willow (or can predict anyway) it doesn't stop you feeling what she is going through and I thought the author captured her emotions brilliantly even though the parts of the future are predictable. 

It is also the only trilogy that I have read that has a satisfying ending that left me with a feeling of resolve and happiness. I actually had a smile on my face because it ended so well. I'm always nervous starting a final book in a series as I have been disappointed so often (Hunger Games for instance). Angel Fever didn't have this, it came to a natural end that tied up all the loose ends and for once it felt final, not with some unanswered questions that could lead on if the author wished. I'm sure that characters could go on but the way the author left it for me was perfect.

With plenty of action Angel Fever and the entire series will keep you engrossed and reading for hours. I'm sad this series is over but it's definitely going on my re-read pile and I can't wait to see what this author does next; she is one of my new favourites! If you haven't read this series go and buy it now! You won't be disappointed, there's a great romance, a new take on angels that is brilliant and the writing is excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...