Thursday 28 March 2013

Review ~ Burning Bright (Flynn #2) - Sophie McKenzie

Burning Bright (Flynn, #2)
Purchased by myself from Amazon

Publisher: Simon and Schuster
ISBN: 9780857071019
Released: 5th Jan 2013

Description
Four months have passed and River and Flynn are still going strong. But things are not perfect. Flynn continues to fly into unprovoked rages, and when River tells her mum, she is banned from seeing him. Fighting to stay together, they end up being torn apart. Is it all over for River and Flynn?






My Opinion

I was excited to hear that Falling Fast was going to have a sequel and after finishing it I was dying to know more. I have finally found the time to buy and read Burning Bright and wow it plays on you emotions! I thought Falling Fast was bad but this takes it to a whole new level.

I really enjoyed reading this book and finished it within a few hour, I just wish there was more. I liked how this book in the series had a slightly darker undertone and how Flynn was developing as a character. Also, the fact that his dad turns up made things more interesting as it bought out a lot of darker emotions. As well as this, I liked River's rebellious side that turns up during the middle of the story, it was a nice change from the 'unsure of herself girl' at the start.

Where as Falling Fast focused on Flynn and River getting together Burning Bright focused more on the struggles they faced four months into the relationship and how they try to stay together despite everyone's beliefs. At times it felt like the arguments were slightly petty and appeared to often but in general this book had me hooked from page one and changed my mood from happy to sad repeatedly while I read it.

The characters in both Falling Fast and Burning Bright were easy to relate to and sympathise with and I think that is why it played with my emotions so much. Sophie McKenzie did a great job of capturing the first few months and emotions of a teen relationship and the storyline - if a little predictable at times - was engaging and enjoyable to read. 

Overall I am eagerly awaiting Casting Shadows (Flynn #3) and hope it is out soon as with the way the author leaves Burning Bright I don't know how long I can wait to find out what happens next. I would highly recommend this series to any chick lit fans or someone looking for a quick and easy read to chill out with. For that matter I would recommend everyone of Sophie McKennzie's novels as they are all brilliant in my opinion, especially Girl Missing and Blood Ties!



Flynn Series:


Other Series by Sophie McKenzie which I loved:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...