Sunday 20 January 2013

The Chronicles of the Dragon Sisters - P. R. J. Quatrine

The Chronicles of the Dragon Sisters (Book 1)Description
Estranged twin sisters Eva and Jane move from London to a bizarre country house, rife with dragon decor and motifs. Follow the adventures of the twins as they are drawn into fantastic and dangerous worlds as they begin to learn of their heritage and themselves. Rich with diverse characters, conflicts, situations and settings.

First book in a series that together will form The Chronicles of the Dragon Sisters.




My Opinion
This book surprised me in a good way. I really wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did as I'm not really into the whole dragon/fantasy side of things. This book had a great mystery element at the start of it which I loved as I couldn't figure it out and even though I knew dragons would come into it at some point I enjoyed the way the sisters discovered them. As well as this the story line was solid and it was evident everything had been planned out.

The book was fast paced and engaging, it kept me wanting to read on. I also loved the riddles and thought they were an excellent edition to the book that made it all the more interesting to read. It was like you were trying to solve the puzzle as well as the girls. I think I enjoyed this book because it wasn't featured totally on dragons and the fantasy creature until the end, they came in and out when needed and were kept simple. My favourite was definitely Zen (probably because I imagine him as cuter than the rest).

One thing I wasn't so keen on was how the story developed towards the ending. For me it got a little too far fetched in the fantasy world and the creatures got wider. The other thing was there were quite a few errors with punctuation. These mainly came in the form of speech marks facing the wrong way or not joining on. I know these are only small things but they take away from the overall finish of the book and if corrected would make it look more professional.

Overall The Chronicles of the Dragon sisters was a surprisingly enjoyable read that kept me hooked. There were a few minor issues with punctuation but nothing major. I would recommend this to mystery/fantasy lovers.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for your honest opinion. Punctuation is always an issue for me. Still, it's something I must try to address. If only I knew a proper editor... but I'm glad it didn't detract from the overall reading experience!

    Again, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds great! I'm adding it to my TBR list, as I love reading books featuring dragons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy it and I look forward to hearing your thoughts :) I have blog where I'll be uploading some original art for the book and you can read the prologue and first three chapters for free.

      Delete
  3. Hm... why can't I find it on Goodreads? :( So sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read, you won't be disappointed! I know, I had that problem when I went to post the review on Goodreads too :(

      Delete
  4. I've tried entering it, but they won't accept it :( Something about it having to be added by librarians?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would need to upgrade your account to an author account first. It should work then :)

      Delete
  5. Already done so. It's up now :) Be sure to add it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added to my "Want to read" shelf, Peter! :)

      Delete

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...