Monday 16 July 2012

Dreamless (Starcrossed #2) - Josephine Angelini

Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)DescriptionCan true love be forgotten?
As the only Scion who can descend into the Underworld, Helen Hamilton has been given a nearly impossible task. By night she wanders through Hades, trying to stop the endless cycle of revenge that has cursed her
family. By day she struggles to overcome the fatigue that is rapidly eroding her sanity. Without Lucas by her side, Helen is not sure she has the strength to go on.
Just as Helen is pushed to her breaking point, a mysterious new Scion comes to her rescue. Funny and brave, Orion shields her from the dangers of the Underworld. But time is running out—a ruthless foe plots against them, and the Furies’ cry for blood is growing louder.
As the ancient Greek world collides with the mortal one, Helen’s sheltered life on Nantucket descends into chaos. But the hardest task of all will be forgetting Lucas Delos.

My Opinion
I hated the way the first book ended, it was too sad and I wanted Dreamless to be released straight away so I could find out what would happen to Helen and Lucas next and whether or not the problems would be resolved, even though I had my suspicions.
I was surprised as to how the book started and it confused me slightly at how the writing jumped in and out of the underworld from Helen's point of view. This caused me to re read the end of Starcrossed but I couldn't seem to find the answer so I decided to just read on and hope that it all became clear, and thankfully it did. I love the characters in this series, it's a nice change to have non-vampire character that are still supernatural and the love triangle that develops adds a new twist to the story. Although there is less focus on the relationship between Lucas and Helen, Josephine Angelini has balanced it well with the focus on Helen's mission and I couldn't put the book down despite my need to sleep. I didn't think Dreamless was as good as Starcrossed but the series as a whole is definitely worth a read.

Genre: YA, Romance, Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy, Mythology



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...