Sunday 29 July 2012

The Tower (Deck of Lies #2) - Jade Varden


The Tower (Deck of Lies, #2)Description
Death brings some families closer, but it’s ripped mine apart. I wanted to convince the police that they had the wrong suspect...but I never expected them to start suspecting me. Now, I have no choice but to keep searching for the truth, even if all my relationships fall to pieces around me.
Someone is trying to make me look guilty. I never thought my mission to prove my own innocence would lead me to more family secrets. I thought I had already discovered the truth about myself. But every answer raises more questions, and everything I think I know is about to change...again.
I have to find the truth, no matter how much it hurts -- before I get charged with murder.
My Opinion
This review was meant to be posted yesterday but after I finished this book I just had to read the third in the series, so never got around to it.

The Tower easily equalled and maybe bettered the first book (Justice) in this series. It kept me in constant suspense throughout the story and once again it was virtually impossible to predict who did what. Even though the book revolves around the death of Laurel Riordan the main focus is Rain's family background and what I found out what not what I expected. I love the twists and turns in this book and it keeps you guessing and wanting to know more. Once again Jade Warden leaves you on a horrible cliff hanger that had me going straight to Amazon to by the next in the series which I read as soon as I finished The Tower.

This series is great and I would recommend it to everyone! The murder mystery keeps you in suspense and the love interests keeps you hooked. The book is written extremely well, with a fast pace, and I don't know how Jade Varden has managed to come up with such a complicated back story that I actually understand for once. I'm going to go read Death (Deck of Lies #3) now!

Genre: YA, Mystery, Romance



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...