Sunday 29 July 2012

Death (Deck of Lies #3) - Jade Varden

Death (Deck of Lies, #3)Description
All In
I never wanted to get in this deep, but I did go looking for the truth before I was prepared to handle it. But how do you close the lid on Pandora’s box? You can’t unlearn something, or forget a dark secret once it’s been revealed.
I have no choice but to do my part to bury the truth again -- this time, someplace no one will ever be able to find it. But that’s the problem with lies. Once you start pulling threads, everything unravels.
No one is who they seem to be…not even me.
My Opinion
I started this book straight after I finished The Tower and even though I finished it yesterday it was too late to write this review. After the cruel cliff hanger I was left on in the second book I bought this book straight away and once again I wasn't able to put the series down. I love the detail Jade Varden writes in, the family history has obviously been thought about a lot and it is easy to follow. I'm not going to say too much about the storyline other than, Rain once again finds her life being turned upside down and herself being put in difficult situations, as the unpredictability of the book is what makes it so great.

The book link nicely with the second (The Tower) and it didn't take long to be enthralled in the story once more. Even though by the end of The Tower I knew who did what, Jade Varden once again surprised me by turning the story on its head again and continuing it in a way I'm sure no one will predict.

Overall I love this series and was sad that I finished the book so quickly as now I have to wait until the final chapter Judgement is released late this year!

Genre: YA, Mystery, Romance


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...