Monday 16 July 2012

Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6) - Rachel Vincent


Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)Description
I died on a Thursday-killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it. The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school...  Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend. But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life....
My Opinion
Wow! I don't know how Rachel Vincent has continually bettered or equalled the previous books in the Souls Screamers series but she has managed it easily. I waited eagerly for the release of this book since I finished If I Die a few hours after it was released.
I wasn't sure if Rachel Vincent would be able to keep the storyline going over so many books but when I picked up Before I Wake, I was not disappointed. Before I Wake keeps you hooked throughout the book and I found it impossible to put down once I started. I loved the relationship between Kaylee and Tod and the way Rachel Vincent described all of the emotions made the storyline believable, touching and exciting; it was like I was experiencing the character's emotions too. It is sad to see such a brilliant series coming to an end and for anyone who hasn't heard or read the books in the Souls Screamers series, you are missing out!

Genre: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...